top of page

Marriage License Information

Do you want someone special to perform/officiate your wedding?  As of March 28, 2023, Town Clerks can issue one-day marriage officiant licenses.  The authority is limited to applicants who want to marry a couple to whom the Town Clerk has issued a marriage license.  This means ANYONE seeking a one-day marriage officiant license must apply at the same Town Clerk's Office who issued the marriage license for the couple whose marriage the individual will be solemnizing.  Applicants MUST be 18 years old, but are NOT required to be a New York State resident.  The license is limited to the specific couple identified in the application and expires on the date the couple is married or their marriage license expires, whichever occurs first.  There is a $25 statutory application fee before the license can be issued.  Once issued, the officiant may solemnize the couple's marriage anywhere in New York State.  The officiant must ensure the information on the original marriage license is accurate and must complete the officiant information on the original marriage license.  Once reviewed and completed, the officiant must file the completed marriage license with the Town Clerk within 5 days of the ceremony.  Government Photo ID is required!

One-Day Marriage Officiant License Application


Both parties must be present to apply for the license.

Documents needed:

    1.  Birth Certificates with a raised seal 

    2.  Social Security Cards

    3.  Government Issued Photo IDs

    4.  Divorce Decree, with seal, for each previous marriage

    5.  Under 18, Need a Certificate of Consent signed by Parents or Guardians

$35 fee, cash - check - money order

Get a Quote

This is a Paragraph. Click on "Edit Text" or double click on the text box to start editing the content.

Thanks for submitting!

bottom of page